Objectives and Expected Results
- To collect, maintain, analyze, disseminate and update information on cultural development and cultural life in Africa within a global context.
- To serve as a knowledge-based policy analysis mechanism and as a resource centre.
- To assess policy-development trends in order to establish early warning signs.
- To mobilize expertise and provide advisory services.
Main Expected Results
- Production and dissemination of new knowledge on key policy issues.
- Better incorporation of culture in development programmes.
- Greater sensitization of decision makers reflected by the incorporation of cultural policies into the development process.
- The encouragement of states as well as regional or sub regional cooperation in the updating of cultural policies.
Additional Expected Results
- Cultural policy research enhanced.
- Best practices documented and shared.
- Cultural entrepreneurship stimulated.
- Visibility of arts and culture concerns are enhanced.
- Public opinion engaged.